Fontbonne University in Saint Louis, MO, is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Admission to develop relationships that lead to the enrollment of prospective students. Fontbonne offers a unique admission structure, allowing assistant directors to focus their time and energy on the relationship development of admitted students and their families, while other members of the department cultivate completed applications. In addition to focusing on yield opportunities, our assistant directors recruit students from all areas of admission: freshmen, transfer, non-traditional, graduate and international. We believe this is a professional advantage for someone looking for career advancement in higher education. In an elevated position, our recruiters represent the institution externally and are the key to developing the most productive and positive outcomes for recruited students. We expect for our Asst. Directors to represent the students we recruit, and as one of the most diverse campuses in Saint Louis, we value and encourage diversity in our applicant pool.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Developing positive relationships with recruited students and families that lead to their potential enrollment.
- Discussing finances with students and families in support of enrollment.
- Learning and understanding the complexities of different student types.
- Representing the institution at high school visits, college fairs and other recruiting experiences in the community.
- Providing strategy and recommendation as a leader in the enrollment division.
- Performing other job-related duties as required.
- Require a 4 year degree from a college or university, Master's experience preferred.
- Require a minimum of two years in an admission office in higher education.
- Success recruiting multicultural students and building relationships with community based organizations and schools that serve large populations of underrepresented students.
- Preference for fluent Spanish-speaking candidate.
About Fontbonne University:
Fontbonne University is a Catholic coeducational institution of higher education offering liberal arts and professional programs. More than 1,500 students annually benefit from the university's high-quality academic programs offered in a values-based, student-centered environment. Founded in 1923 and still sponsored today by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the university embraces diversity and inclusion, and encourages open communication and personal concern. Click here to learn about Fontbonne University: http://www.fontbonne.edu