Document Conversion Coordination (80%):
• Provide an orientation and consultation, as requested, to students and Disability Specialists with respect to the document conversion process and procedures.
• Serve as a liaison between the student, other Disability Resource Center units, and instructor regarding document conversion needs.
• Provide task direction and instruction to student and temporary employees working in document conversion.
• Develop a training program and train student and temporary employees working in document conversion.
• Organize incoming materials and coordinate the processing of these materials.
• Implement reasonable and effective accommodations for students, staff, and faculty per DS disability specialist determinations by delegating editing tasks to staff.
• Check accuracy of the preparation, scanning, and editing processes.
Document Conversion Editing (10%):
• Prepare, convert, edit, and ensure quality of document conversion materials including familiarity with braille.
• Follow established procedures to organize and maintain detailed records of document conversion status reports and updates in workflowgen and spreadsheets.
• Maintain security of DS materials including laptops, exams, student information, etc.
• Promote a productive environment by preventing disruptive behavior, minimizing distractions, and promoting academic integrity.
• Staff and/or provide support for front desk.
• Assist in the tracking of equipment such as copy cards, laptops, notebooks, white noise machines, CD players, and calculators.
• Participate in unit/departmental meetings as requested.
• Participate in training opportunities as requested by your supervisor.
• Accommodate and provide flexibility in work schedules (including evenings and some weekends, and overtime when necessary).
• Work actively to create a positive and productive work environment
• Serve as an effective spokesperson for their area/unit with others both inside and outside their area/unit
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
• Demonstrate a substantial knowledge of issues regarding diversity
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a 100% full-time, 12 month position with benefits. More in formation about the Disability Resource Center and the Office for Equity and Diversity is available at http://www.diversity.umn.edu.