The FUSE program seeks a highly motivated, energetic, and talented individual to support the development of its educational activities and its digital media production. This individual will be responsible for developing interest-driven, hands-on learning materials for the FUSE program and ensuring successful implementation of the FUSE program through its Studio network. Occasionally, work hours will include evening and/or weekend hours and travel to program sites, including schools, and to conferences. Reports to the FUSE Program Director.
FUSE is a K-12 STEAM education program designed to engage all learners in a variety of formal and informal spaces. FUSE ignites and nurtures STEAM exploration through an innovative challenge-based approach and studio-like environment. FUSE facilitates learning through ‘making’, develops 21st century skills, and builds collaborative, youth -centered learning communities. Visit FUSE at www.fusestudio.net
- Works in collaboration with project team to design and produce engaging digital media content (videos, photography, text, audio, graphics, etc.) for online access via the program’s web platform.
- Creates, and produces short videos and other digital stories, and publishes on website and via social media channels. Plans and coordinates all aspects of digital media content and production. Production on-location includes these elements as well as coordination with location-specific staff, departments, and activities. Coordinates pre-production and production planning activities, including guiding concept development when appropriate. Plan, script shoot, edit and publish a variety of video content type for educational challenges. Directs assigned productions. Responsible for post- production: editing and reviewing projects in process, and ensuring product quality on a per project basis. Collaborates with project team members to lead user testing on all new digital media content and changes to website.
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests web-based educational challenges, making ongoing design improvements to existing challenges based on user feedback. Leads user testing. Conducts evaluation of user engagement with digital media and challenges, using data analytics from the web platform, and user observations. Creates, designs, posts, and maintains content on the program website.
- Assist with the schedules and budgets for assigned projects to ensure that project goals, milestones and deliverables are achieved and tracked. Maintains project management documents and user documentation. Supervise Temp Workers, Contractors, and Student Temps.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree from an established Media, Design or ART University program; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Two years’ experience (Internship, work study or other training work as a video and media specialist)
- Experience with the maintenance, preparation, and operation of video and audio capture and production equipment.
- Intermediate or advanced experience using NLE editing software, including the following programs for post-production utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator
- Experience using file formats and media encoding, including but limited to:
- -Apple ProRes -H.264 -AVC Intra -R3D
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Great personal ability to interact with a wide variety of people on technical issues.
- Effectively performs duties and responsibilities with attention to detail and support for organizational policies;
- Demonstrated energy and desire to achieve and ability to take action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems;
- Ability to work with abstract conceptual matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Three years’ experience in video/audio production, interactive/presentation design or other multimedia related role; ability to demonstrate via portfolio.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with HTML
- Experience producing educational materials
- Experience working with youth in in-school or out –of-school settings
- Ability to translate STEM content into educational and inspirational messages for youth
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Developing Self/Others
- Effectively performs duties and responsibilities with attention to detail while demonstrating support for organizational policies;
- Exhibits understanding of natural sources of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them;
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.