| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Administrative Support Assistant, Facilities Management
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working reciprocally with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Willing to take action and eager to accept new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Assist Manager of Facilities Administrative Services with front office support (includes: data entry on excel spread sheets and access databases).
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities in covering division’s emergency dispatch line, creating work orders and sending them to various trades.
- Closing work orders as requested by other Operation Managers and Manager of Facilities Administrative Services.
- Assist with logging and scanning elevator test, deficiencies and affirmation of correction reports as directed by manager.
- Manage front office activities (meeting and greeting clients and visitors) directing them to the correct department and conference room(s).
- Assist with answering SVP and VP of Facilities Management phone lines and taking accurate messages
- Assist Manager of Facilities Administrative Services with special projects
- Manage office supply inventory.
- Ensure office equipment is functioning properly and warranties are active and up to date.
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, go to meetings,
- Handle interoffice mail, drop off UPS mailings at UPS location.
- Associate’s degree preferred plus 2-4 years of experience working as an administrative assistant.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, scheduling meetings in Outlook, and creating excel documents to organize and analyze data.
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.