| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
This lab within the Developmental Biology department conducts research on multicellular dynamics during embryonic development in Drosophila. As a Research Technician in this lab, you would assist investigators in research activities and carry out assigned laboratory duties according to standard and specified procedures. Opportunities for independent research and learning cutting edge technologies including live imaging and computational analysis are available.
- Molecular biology approaches such as DNA cloning, in vitro transcription, and western blots.
- Cell biological approaches using immunohistochemistry of Drosophila embryos.
- Live imaging of Drosophila embryos using confocal microscopy.
- Drosophila embryo injections, genetics and stock maintenance.
- Independently recording/managing data files and coordinating assignments on a day-to-day basis.
- A Bachelor’s in Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related science.
- Minimum of one year of undergraduate research experience required.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques highly preferred.
- A minimum two-year commitment is required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.