Requisition ID: req1478
Job Title: Testing Assistant
Department: Delaware Campus Testing Ctr.
Location: Delaware Campus
Employment Type: Staff
Employment Status: Part-Time Professional
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation Type: Hourly
Schedule: Monday through Thursday Evenings (4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) and Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Receives and catalogs all tests/materials received in the Testing Center and maintains an inventory of testing supplies and replenishes as needed.
2) Secures all tests and administers tests as prescribed by the faculty/staff. Administers and monitors a variety of tests, computerized as well as pencil and paper with faculty guidelines. Verifies identity of those reporting for testing services. Maintains security of test materials and results. Routinely proctors testing area.
3) Maintains a positive test taking environment distraction-free for testing. Reports any student concerns. Addresses student computer password needs and confirm applicable testing aids. Writes necessary incident reports and obtain signature.
4) Develops and maintains effective working relationships among the College faculty, staff, and outside institutions. Researches and resolves requests from faculty, students, and others.
5) Communicates all pertinent information to those that utilize the Testing Center. Provides appropriate campus referrals.
6) Attends quarterly staff meetings and trainings.
7) Maintains confidentiality of student records and other information. Upholds academic integrity.
8) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
9) Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the American's with Disabilities Act.
While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. The employee frequently sits for extended periods of time, and occasionally stands and walks. Employee converses verbally with others in person and by telephone. Vision demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. The employee occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds when moving equipment, boxes and other materials.
Working Conditions: Normal office working conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: computer software, programs and applications; test administration procedures. Skill in: verbal and written communications; general typing; application of job software; operating general office equipment; planning, scheduling, and organizing work; general clerical practices Ability to: work independently demonstrating initiative; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public; maintain confidential and sensitive information; maintain accurate and complete work records.
High School Diploma or GED with at least one year experience working with adult learners. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Previous academic testing center experience.
Additional Information: Please submit cover letter, resume, and professional references.