The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Snack Bar Attendant in the Food & Nutrition Department. To qualify a High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred. The ability to read, write, and speak English and demonstrate understanding and the capacity to follow simple verbal and written instructions. Ability to handle cash transactions with accuracy.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing work of moderate difficulty in the preparation as well as serving of food and performs cashiering functions. Works under direct supervision. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assures sanitary procedures are followed in the operation and cleaning of equipment. Ensures proper handling and storage of food and supplies. Maintains assigned work area in a neat and organized manner. Performs duties based on established practices learned in annual in-service training and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the proper use and sanitation of all types of equipment needed in performing duties.
- Interacts with the public within established Service Standards. Assures equipments are washed and sterilizes utensils used in accordance with established departmental standards. Practices consistently defined procedures and care of equipment. Constantly washes hands and uses disposable food gloves. Communicates operational problems to cash operation management to ensure equipment conforms to safety standards.
- Performs cash handling functions in all cash operation outlets. Procures and records transactions promptly and accurately within cash handling guidelines. Assures menu prices are accurate. Itemizes each sale as prescribed.
- Collects, prepares, distributes, serves and stores food and supplies in all cash operation outlets, including merchandising within code compliance. Collects, prepares, serves, distributes and displays food and supplies based on menu and customer request in various stations of the cash operation outlets. Checks and refills items as needed, maintaining a neat and sanitary environment. Follows established timetable and completes assignment within allotted timeframe. Collects supplies and displays them attractively within code compliance.Confers with supervisor and/or peers relating to assignment. Performs other related duties.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.