Performs a variety of executive secretarial functions insupport of and assistance to the Hospital President, executive officials, andmembers of the hospital board.
- Coordinates executive secretarial support personnel assigned to the various administrative officials. Coordinate meetings, take and distribute minutes, and provide other assistance as needed.
- Coordinate and organize correspondence from the SSM Health Care System. Responsible for monthly mailings and responds to all requests from the Regional President/System Vice President.
- Screen, prioritize, and plan appointments, telephone calls, visitors, and other correspondence directed toward the President or other officials, independently responding to inquiries for routine information regarding hospital operations or practice or directs inquiries to other appropriate personnel.
- Establishes data groups for recall/management purposes through word processing and other support components for use in modifying frequently used memoranda, letters, or other data and assist others in the use of such equipment. Assist administrative officers with multiple management reports or projects as needed.
- Attend and/or facilitate various executive level meetings by scheduling space and ordering catering services, preparing and distributing agendas, and recording minutes through short hand or speed writing for later transcription to documentary form, submitting to officials for approval as necessary.
- Type reports, letters, forms, tabulations, articles or memoranda from own notes or others' drafts and obtains approval signatures as necessary.
- Maintain various records in alphanumeric or other predetermined classification or creates new indexing categories as necessary. Check records, reports, and papers for arithmetic accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established standards and procedures.
- Greet visitors and dignitaries, directing or guiding them to their correct destinations. Take walk in complaints when needed and direct them to the appropriate official.
- Maintain current knowledge of multiple computer software programs as developed or needed to effectively perform job.
- Maintain work area in an organized manner that promotes efficiency in operation and a professional atmosphere.
- In the absence of the Assistant to VP, serve as primary executive secretarial support to the Vice President. Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Two years secretarial experience (preferexecutive level) with hands on experience using word processing and electronicspreadsheet software.
- Typing speed of 50 words per minute required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications,or Management preferred. Knowledge of the organization and of thesponsoring community, governing boards, and agencies with which the hospitalinteracts by agreement or mandate preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology,surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is locatedin Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well asmany counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network ofhospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergencyand outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitanarea. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North.St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Awardfor Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-valueHealthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony atperformance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than localcompetitors and many national health care organizations.