Classification: Exempt (Full-time)
Reports to: Director of Development
Cabrini Green Legal Aid (CGLA) has strengthened lives, assisted families and supported communities --- one person at a time for over 40 years. CGLA does more than give people a second chance --- we are addressing the root causes of unemployment, homelessness, poverty and other challenges that contribute to crime and recidivism. CGLA strives to bring about substantive, transformational change in the lives of those we serve by using a holistic model that integrates the delivery of legal services with interdisciplinary social work services and collaborative supportive social services through strategic partnerships with social service providers, government agencies, and other legal aid organizations. Legal services focus on those negatively impacted by the criminal legal system through representation in criminal and civil proceedings and advocacy for relief under criminal records laws.
Overview of Position
The Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations will serve as a vital connector for Finance, Development, and Program Staff, and must possess the ability to see and understand all points of view. This position will provide the overall planning and coordination of resources, tasks, and necessary steps to meet grant obligations. The Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations will work with Development and Program staff to manage CGLA’s funding portfolio, which includes: grant writing – private, public and government – timely reporting and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to research grants, write compelling and effective letters of inquiry, respond to RFP's, and develop grant proposals for private foundations, corporations and government grants.
- Prepare grant applications, proposals, correspondences, reports and other documents for submission to new and existing funders.
- Ensure all grant funder expectations are met.
- Work with program/legal staff to complete renewals with existing funders within the deadlines.
- Work with Program staff to develop and maintain all grant agreements and MOUs pertaining to grant awards.
- Research new opportunities with foundations & corporations based upon CGLA’s priorities for all programs and operational support services.
- Organize regular grant meetings to discuss updates, issues and recommendations.
- Assist in preparing budget for grant applications.
- Maintain grant database.
- Monitor and track submitted, pending and on-going proposals.
- Assist in developing annual reports, newsletters, and brochures.
- Interact with funding organizations regarding status of grant applications.
- Build positive relationships with existing and potential funding sources.
- Maintain complete records of past and current proposals.
- Knowledge of the Chicago philanthropic community
- Excellent writing skills
- Management and planning experience;
- Able to work well under pressure;
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets;
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results;
- Superior interpersonal skills; comfortable working with an diverse population;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and orally;
- Exemplary organizational skills and keen attention to detail.