|Job title ||Registered Nurse |
|Reports to ||Clinical Manager and/or Director of Operations |
|Department: ||Mira Mesa or National City |
|Status: ||Full-time Non-exempt |
Operation Samahan Mission
Building Healthier and Happier Communities Together
Operation Samahan Inc. (OSI) is a federally qualified community health center that emerged over forty years ago. The agency serves low-income families and individuals in the County of San Diego in two (2) strategic areas with a high density population of Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured individuals — National City (Southern San Diego County) and Mira Mesa (North Central San Diego).
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager and/or Director of Operations, responsible for the nursing duties of the individual health center. Participates in the Quality Assurance Evaluation/Improvement Committee.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES |
- Triage/identify health problems and provides assessment of acute and chronically ill patients, as well as healthy patients. This includes, but is not limited to, taking patient’s history, preparation of patients for examination by the provider, performing patient care procedures according to provider’s orders, and coordinates or ensures coordination of referrals to other providers and/or community agencies when ordered.
- Maintain and/or ensure maintenance of referral log.
- Provide relevant patient education and counseling.
- Ensure documentation of all patient care services in the medical record.
- Coordinate with other staff in the development, revision and implementation of policies and procedures necessary for Licensing, Certification, Occupational Safety Health Administration guidelines, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Maintain medication cabinet, including dispensable, prescriptions and samples. Performs monthly checks for expired medications. Maintain written pharmacy log documenting monthly checks.
- Provide In-service training for staff.
- Coordinate medication refills with physicians.
- Perform and/or ensures monthly performance of biological on autoclaves and document in sterilization log.
- Perform and/or ensure maintenance of immunization log. Ensure preparation of quarterly immunization report for individual clinic.
- Oversee maintenance of medical equipment in individual clinic, including yearly calibration and safety checks.
- Oversee MA staff including hiring and counseling of MA staff
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Be a team player and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful behavior or activity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local Law regulations; County Programs, Medi-Cal, Medicare, CHDP, CMS, Medi-Cal managed care, and CMS care.
- Maintain professionalism under stressful situations.
- Work independently, accurately, under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with patients.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with a variety of people.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with staff, Board members, vendors, medical providers, and members of the general public.
- Complete many different duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Must be able to work under stress when confronted with critical or unusual situations.
- Must be able to follow instructions explicitly.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise analytic ability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a medical office or community clinic.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Annual Requirements, Licensure, and Certifications
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current CPR Certification.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Normal office and health center environment.
- Move throughout the clinic and community.
- Repetitive hand movement, use and view PC. Use fax, telephone, and copier.
- Sits or stand for long period of time, reach, bend, climb, stoop, and lift up to 25lb.
- Read and write, verbal and written communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment.
- Have reliable transportation; clean driving record, and car insurance as required by the state.
Reports to: Registered Nurse
Works closely with: Clinical Manager and/or Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt