BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Senior IT Internal Auditor Job Summary
Salary Range: $86,283.00-$99,225.00-$112,167.00
Responsible for completing all aspects of the audit process including planning, performing risk-based assessments, identifying controls used to manage risks, as well as developing and executing testing procedures to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within budgeted timeframes. Additionally, responsible for writing audit reports with observations, exposures, and recommendations; communicating effectively and working closely with all levels of employees; supervising the audit work of the less experienced auditors and/or audit staff on a project-by-project basis. Serves as a subject matter expert and peer mentor to others in the Audit department.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Maintains the highest ethical and professional Internal Audit standards. Ensures awareness and compliance with audit processes.
2. Manages completion of assigned audits within deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of audit work.
3. Utilizes the Internal Audit Department’s Charter, Internal Audit Policy and Procedures Manual, and the goals of the organization to create a consistent and quality approach to the audit function.
4. For each assigned audit: identifies the risks, controls, and effective test steps and documents in a risk control matrix.
5. Completes test steps in accordance with the risk and control matrix.
a. Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidential matter.
b. Prepares clear and complete work papers supporting the audit results.
c. Communicates and validates audit observations with client leadership.
d. Formulates written recommendations and prepares formal audit reports for an audience of senior leadership and the Audit committee.
6. Provides ongoing internal controls support to business units by consulting on projects, special requests, and other risk management activities.
7. As the lead of an audit or project, supervises the work performed by others assigned to the project; manages work products, budgets, and deliverables.
8. Develops narratives, walkthroughs, flow-charts, and test of controls, and performs substantive testing for external audit work.
9. Performs the necessary follow-up procedures related to audit observations.
10. Performs investigations with the utmost confidentiality as necessary.
11. Shares knowledge, trends, and best practices with team members to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the completion of audits and to enhance the company’s risk assessment.
12. Furthers company relationships to increase the understanding of Internal Audit throughout the organization and to be viewed by those outside the department as a controls expert.
13. Assists in the compilation and review of Audit committee materials.
14. Remains current with industry trends and enhances knowledge and expertise within the Internal Audit department, as well as information technology relevant to the insurance and banking industries.
15. Serves as subject matter expert in the department and across the organization.
16. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated IT and/or IT audit experience.
2. Proven ability to maintain the highest ethical and professional Internal Audit standards.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of one or more of areas of IT (e.g. networking, operating systems, systems software, information security, business continuity/disaster recovery, system life development cycle, data analysis, change management processes).
4. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification.
5. Demonstrated experience leading audits and/or projects.
6. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or other related field OR commensurate experience.
7. Demonstrated excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
8. Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
9. Proven familiarity with control frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT, or ITIL).
10. Demonstrated working knowledge of networking, operating systems, systems software, information security, business continuity/disaster recovery, system life development cycle, data analysis, and change management processes.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.