Angles’ Health Education Program provides sexuality education, including sexual health and healthy relationships, to youth in grades 5-12, in addition to providing educational opportunities for adults to learn about healthy sexuality development for young people.
The Health Education Coordinator position works closely with the Youth Program Manager to develop curriculum and provide sexuality education workshops for young people grades 5 through 12, in addition to developing and presenting adult-facing workshops as needed on youth sexuality. This position is also responsible for working with the Youth Program Manager to train and manage health education volunteers to deliver curriculum and support the Health Education Program. Collaboration with the Youth Program Manager, Office Manager, and health education program volunteers is required.
- Work with the Office Manager to ensure maintenance of the health education workshop schedule and appropriate scheduling-related communication with volunteers and clients.
- Interface with area school administrators/staff and community groups to effectively articulate and promote Angles’ programs.
- Work with the Youth Program Manager to develop/update health education curriculum for all workshops and facilitate workshops in area schools and for community groups as requested.
- Review curriculum on an annual basis, and develop new or update existing workshops as needed.
- Prepare/update evaluation questions and forms for each workshop, aligned with program goals. Ensure that evaluations are conducted with all participants at the conclusion of each workshop.
- Supervise and train program volunteers, and ensure that the content and quality of workshops are consistent regardless of whether staff or volunteers are facilitating.
- Work with the Youth Program Manager to develop additional innovative educational programming for youth, including opportunities for youth leadership.
- Ensure that volunteer records are maintained, including volunteer applications and contact information.
- Maintain current knowledge of youth health issues, health education best practices, and state/national standards for health education.
- Work with the Office Manager to maintain timely and accurate program statistics in accordance with organizational goals and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Be flexible and willing to work on tasks not directly outlined in your job description.
- Represent Angles at community events as mutually agreed with supervisor.
- Represent Angles on local committees or task forces as mutually agreed with supervisor.
- Serve as a key member of a small staff team, assisting in the operations of other programs and activities as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Requires a strong understanding of health education, excellent public speaking and organizational skills, and comfort in facilitating a broad range of sexuality topics to both adolescents and adults. Must be able to work effectively with school personnel and have strong professionalism and communication skills. Must be able to work in a team but also must be proactive and self-sufficient. Access to a car and the ability to drive to program sites required. Bachelor’s degree required (master’s degree preferred) in public health, nursing, counseling, social work, or a related field. Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful.
Must have stamina to present for several class periods at a time, and be able to transport program materials from site to site. Must be able to effectively communicate with students and school/community personnel in person, via telephone, and in writing. Requires the ability to use email and other computer programs on a regular basis.
Persons of color and LGBTQ+ persons are encouraged to apply. Angles is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the attention of Lizzy Appleby, Youth Program Manager. Subject Line: Health Education Coordinator
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.