· Under general supervision, accurately pre-admit, preregister, admit and register patients into Lakeland Health.
· Gather all necessary socio economic information as well as; verify & confirm insurance benefits and may be required to obtain precertification needed to allow Lakeland Health to provide prompt, courteous service and to be reimbursed for providing said service.
· Admit/register all patients promptly and accurately using appropriate, established scripting with a friendly tone of voice and smile.
· Evaluate and accurately assign appropriate ICD-10 code(s) to outpatient diagnostic services or treatments based on diagnosis, signs or symptoms provided by the ordering physician.
· High School Diploma, GED. Additional college, business or computer courses preferred.
· Obtain CHAA certification within 2 years of employment
· 1+ years in business office setting and customer service experience preferred or college degree in lieu of experience.
· Must be able to pass a typing test at 40 wpm, with a high degree of accuracy.
· Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
· Requires organizational and priority setting skills.
· Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions.