Cobham is seeking a Purchasing Manager that will be responsible for the delivery of a full procurement service; covering bids, product introduction, production and in service (aftermarket) for Cobham Life Support in Davenport, Iowa, and working with the capability expert (Cobham Mission System Cost Reduction & SBU Procurement) to ensure best practices and continuous improvement. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Increase EBITA by reducing the Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) of all procured items, both goods and services, deliver sustainable cost reduction programs.
- Develop the supply chain strategy and integrate the external supply chain into the business while maintaining flexibility and responsiveness to new requirements.
- Critically assess the supplier base and re-structure/consolidate where required.
- Maintain and improve procurement processes.
- Establish team and individual roles and set objectives in line with overall business strategy.
- Identify and set development goals and provide development opportunities for team members. Mentor team members as required.
- Provide the procurement input to new program bids and follow through the implementation of Program Supply Chains through the Lifecycle Management process.
- Support the logistics requirements of the lean manufacturing areas and reduce total company stock holding.
- Raise the profile of supply chain in the organization and take advantage of any Cobham group or Cobham Mission Systems Division purchasing power.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for the environment are values for Cobham.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of procurement experience in a manufacturing industry,
- 10+ years business acumen in supply chain with successful track record in establishing new supply chains, Excellent Supplier Relationship Management and negotiation skills, Significant degree of influencing skills and the ability to report into senior level meetings.
- 5+ years’ experience leading a large procurement team, ideally with experience of introducing new product designs.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the Aerospace and Defense Industry or a similar high tech business.
- 5+ years’ experience managing projects.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Procurement related certifications preferred: APICS, CPIM, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience supporting an IPT’s delivering sources of supply to new product development programs.
- Government procurement experience in FAR’s and DFAR’s
- Lean six sigma black belt certified
- Lean supply chain procurement experience: kanban
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers