Available Work Locations:
This position will be responsible for consistently driving sales growth in North America for the Connected Services Business suite of offerings. This individual will be responsible for an assigned geographic region. The role requires a proven track record of executing complex sales pursuits as well as client based executive level engagement/consulting. This individual must demonstrate collaborate and cross functional leadership skills, as their responsibilities will also include working with North America sales territories, sales management, business unit domain experts, and strategic partners to Rockwell Automation. Global collaboration, project coordination, market access and strategy planning will be needed as required.
- Responsible for new business development, funnel/pipeline management, demand and opportunity generation, client based strategic road mapping for Rockwell Automation offerings focused on network and security services, virtualization hardware, and long term contractual attachment.
- It is essential the candidate has a strong foundational understanding or previous experience of products, technologies, and emerging solutions centered on Networking, Infrastructure, Information Security, Virtualization, and Cloud Services to generate demand, develop and lead complex sales, close opportunities into revenue, and work within all vertical industries within the assigned region (e.g. Oil and Gas, Mining, Heavy Industries, Food and Beverage, Chemical).
- Must have strong communication & collaboration skills in order to work with Rockwell Automation Product Business Units, Solutions and Services Delivery Teams, Global Sales teams, Sales Leadership, and Key strategic partners.
- Must be able to demonstrate and execute sales and business management processes, (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Funnel Reviews, Target Account Progression, New Customer Generation, Financial Forecasting, Proposal Generation/Revenue Target Review).
- Proven track record of leadership in order to drive accelerated growth/results including the development of collateral and participation to assist the sales force following the Disciplined Sales Process.
- Responsible for competency development of territory sales teams, limited authorized distributor sales teams, and customers through conducting regular learning sessions, participate in/coordinate Rockwell Automation lead seminars and trade shows.
- Collect, analyze and communicate market data to produce growth strategies, target account planning, which includes deep understanding of competitive landscapes, trends, key wins/losses and service development needs to the BU product management teams.
- Work with Technical service Engineers to develop the Scope of Supply, Bill Of Materials, and Contract Requirements for proposals.
- Achieve and exceed assigned targets in terms of business revenue and management objectives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
- Associates degree required, preferably in Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science. Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Information Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven sales experience in consultative sales, track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas year over year.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of Automation, Engineering Services or Manufacturing industry experience required.
- Ability to develop technical value propositions and demonstrating business and financial acumen, quantifying return on investment, Capital planning, Operational Budget management.
- Proven experience of working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations.
- Must be a strong facilitator in leading win strategy processes.
- Proven experience and demonstrated track record in developing account penetration, executive level selling, client based strategy creation, and execution of existing frameworks in place.
- Ability to demonstrate vendor/partner relationship management, collaborative selling (e.g. Cisco Systems, Panduit, VMware, Juniper, Bluecoat, CheckPoint, Symantec) including influencing and developing strategic partnerships.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% within assigned territory including within United States.
- Legal authorization to work in the Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.