Program Management Specialist - (170000T9)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases is currently seeking a Program Management Specialist. Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine professional and analytical assignments involving the practical application of administrative and management principles and techniques to routine operational activities.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Coordinates the fellowship program of the division by working with the faculty leaders, clinical fellows, and other faculty to maintain the training program requirements.
- Supports the division manager in various administration duties, including facility and general maintenance services.
- Responsible for some logistical activities, including coordination with vendors, sales staff, customer service representatives, billing representatives, warehouses and shippers.
- Greets visitors and handles incoming calls.
- Responsible for organizing and scheduling appointments, planning meetings, and taking detailed minutes.
- Assists in the preparation of final reports, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of the organizational element or its programs.
- Assists in planning and coordinating administrative activities of a program, such as assisting in the formulation and preparation of the organization's budgets, grant proposals, and project proposals.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the program and the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Writes and distributes email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative staff work.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
- Requires superior administrative, organizational, and planning abilities, including strong oral and written communication, and prioritizing skills.
- Requires strong communication abilities, in addition to computer and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information.
- Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in particular).
- Basic knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Ability to organize and manage scheduling and calendar software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $39,024 - $43,902.44
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Non-Exempt Staff - N10PM1
Employee Class : Non-Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: May 10, 2017
: May 29, 2017, 11:59:00 PM