Senior Academic Services Specialist - (170000SS)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine - Graduate Program in Life Sciences (GPILS) is currently seeking a Senior Academic Services Specialist. The Senior Academic Services Specialist is responsible for leading the full administrative coordination of the CMBS Masters Program and all Courses within the Graduate Program in Life Sciences.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Lead administrative activities of all courses within the Graduate Program in Life Sciences, including the Core Course, and the CMBS Masters Program with interrelated activities of other programs, departments, or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Organize activities for all courses, including scheduling, reporting of grades, oversight of Blackboard management.
- Ensure students are progressing through courses appropriately and academic success. Assist students with inquiries relating to their enrollment, such as selection of classes, payment of tuition, student fees, and insurance
- Develop academic program plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations. Oversee daily operations and coordinates activities of academic programs. Determine priorities and synchronize assignment of faculty, facility, and students to class. Ensure student is progressing through courses appropriately with academic success.
- Advise staff, students, and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and provides policy interpretation.
- Enhance student experience by arranging extracurricular seminars, study sessions, or workshops. Develop, compile, and write program or coursework communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers.
- Ensure materials for each class is available to faculty member. Assist faculty in creating coursework materials.
- Be main point of contact for the Graduate Program in Life Sciences Accommodation Requests.
- Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on academic program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies. Evaluate program effectiveness to develop improved methods. Devise and implement evaluation methodology and implements. Analyze results and take appropriate action.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, such as work coordination and training of others.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field of study. Directly related experience to administration of a program.
Experience: Five (5) years of administration of a program with a minimum of three (3) within an academic program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess knowledge of academic program and requirements. Able to perform position in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base. Ability to negotiate contracts and determine the liability of changes to the site contracts.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subjects and information obtained.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E3713E
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: SOM Rsch & Grad Studies
: May 10, 2017
: May 29, 2017, 11:59:00 PM