CARE Advocate University of California, Santa Cruz UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
The CARE Advocate will assist CARE staff with developing and providing targeted outreach and training to the campus community, and help publicize the advocacy services offered on campus and in the Santa Cruz community. The CARE Advocate will also have the opportunity to supervise student interns, and will assist with data collection and administrative tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling or related field
- Ability to work with individuals who have experienced sexual assault, stalking, dating/domestic violence, childhood sexual abuse, or sexual harassment
- Ability to recognize complex cases that may require transferring to an advocate with more experience
- Able to effectively use professional skills, objectivity and insight in effectively advocating for the survivor
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of various ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation and gender identities
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 05/29/2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69798
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. A computer is available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center (SVC), 100 Enterprise Way, Suite 100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.