School/Unit: College of Humanities and Sciences
Department: Robertson School
Purpose of Position:
This position will help the Robertson School retain its teaching and research expertise in public relations in the School’s ongoing endeavors to achieve the University’s Quest goals. Find out more about the School at http://robertson.vcu.edu/
1. The individual hired will join a talented and innovative PR faculty and teach courses in digital media, research, writing, graphic design, campaigns, international public relations, and/or strategic public relations at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
2. Service: This faculty member will serve on School committees (as well s College and/or University committees as needed), contributing to the well-being of the School and the VCU community.
1. Ph.D. in mass communications or a related field (ABD, with expected completion by August 15, 2018, is considered for an appointment at the Assistant Professor level).
2. College/university-level teaching experience and professional experience.
3. For consideration for an appointment at the Assistant Professor level, a candidate will be required to have an established research agenda, clear potential for external funding and traditional research or creative expression to complement and expand existing expertise in the School. The faculty member should reflect the School's commitment to diversity as an important quality in media messages. Interest in contributing to the School's growing international presence and community engagement is desired.
4. For consideration for an appointment at the Associate Professor level, a candidate will be required to have a well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of multi-disciplinary applications and external grant funding appropriate to complement and expand existing expertise in the School.
5. Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.