| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Molecular Diagnostics Service (MDS) is comprised of three clinically specialized laboratories (Cytogenetics, Diagnostic Molecular Pathology and Diagnostic Molecular Genetics) that perform a wide array of molecular and cytogenetic studies. The service labs work alongside MSK clinicians to provide medical results and data for patient diagnosis, treatment and care. In addition to clinical testing, the Service is actively involved in institutionally sponsored clinical trials as well as clinical test development to ensure that MSK patients receive results from available advanced technologies.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to develop and oversee the MDS' quality plan and QA metrics in conjunction with the Service Chief, Assistant/Technical Directors, Supervisors, QA/Regulatory Manager, MDS Lab Manager(s), Administrator and Department Chairman.
As a Quality Assurance Manager You Will:
- Manage and evaluate the QA activities associated with all aspects of the testing process conducted in the MDS.
- Coordinate external/internal inspection activities.
- Provide administrative support to Quality & Regulatory Manager by serving as MDS liaison in dealing with regulatory and accreditation activities.
- Manage MDS’ proficiency testing enrollment, participation and results review.
- Manage occurrence reporting and investigation and implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
- Develop and administer in-service training programs for departmental personnel.
- Master’s degree in Lab Medicine or related with 5+ years experience as a Laboratory Technologist, Supervisor or Manager in a Molecular Pathology Laboratory
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high commitment to quality
- NYS Clinical Lab Technologist License preferred
- Certification in LEAN / Six Sigma or Quality preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.