The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director, Prospect Management.
The Assistant Director of Prospect Management is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive prospect management system to help maximize Brown Universityâ??s fundraising efforts and successfully achieve its campaign goals. The position actively supports the universityâ??s fundraising efforts by working closely with the Director of Prospect Development and fundraiser managers to optimize prospect portfolios, and track movement through the donor life cycle. This position recommends process and framework in the Divisionâ??s Blackbaud CRM system for tracking, coordinating, and analyzing moves management and key metrics across all fundraising portfolios.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 4-7 years of advancement research, prospect management, fundraising, and/or market research experience
- Preference given to candidates with understanding of and competency in the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Basic and Advanced Skill Sets.
- Demonstrated experience working with frontline fundraisers to create and maintain portfolios
- Superior interpersonal skills, with proven ability to successfully collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional and diplomatic manner,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; able to manipulate, analyze and synthesize data and present findings that are clear and actionable to a variety of Advancement professionals
- Ability to work independently and proactively, yet function in a collaborative team environment, exhibiting self-reliance, and an ability to form effective working partnerships with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, to solve problems, and to meet challenging, often changing deadlines
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel), Tableau, Raiserâ??s Edge
- A sense of curiosity and enthusiasm for learning is desired
- Over five years of experience in Prospect Management in a higher education settingâ??preferably an environment with a mature prospect management program and large front-line fundraising staff
- An understanding of high net worth populations, financial industry sectors, and philanthropy.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check and education check satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-05-07:00
Job Posting Title:Associate Director, Prospect Management
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.