The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Stewardship Reporting.
Working in collaboration with the director of stewardship, the primary role of the assistant director is to help sustain and cultivate major gift support for the University through personalized, compelling, and timely stewardship reports and other materials for Brownâ??s top donors. The assistant director will manage his/her own portfolio, as well as oversee the delivery of annual stewardship reports for endowed and current use fund. As such, in collaboration with stewardship officers, writers, senior level fundraisers, and university administrators, the assistant director will ensure that reports, in addition to sharing unique impact stories, also express gratitude from those who benefitted from philanthropy. In addition, the assistant director will ensure the implementation of stewardship plans developed in support of fundraising priorities (currently Brown Connect and CS undergraduate teaching assistantship efforts). In conjunction with the director and other members of the team, the assistant director works to support the greater Donor Relations and Volunteer Engagement office in its mission to advance the departmentâ??s new program initiatives intended to broaden the already wide scope of donor stewardship services that donors receive from Brown.
- Bachelorâ??s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, and 3-5 years of development or related experience or/and stewardship, communications, or other writing-intensive position.
- Demonstrable writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience with managing high volume of work-flow in a highly collaborative setting.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering work with high standards.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Positive and energetic approach to work.
- Curious and eager to learn.
- Experience within a higher education or non-profit environment preferred.
- Previous staff management experience preferred.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check and education check satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-05-07:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Director of Stewardship Reporting
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.