| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the School of Medicine Custodial . This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Operations Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include assisting with logistical and operational planning the general services departments. Serve as the project manager and liaison for custodial services contractor and outside vendor support. Conducts quality control inspections and coordinates daily activities associated contracted services for custodial, etc. Serves as the General Services process improvement liaison/specialist. Serves as the Technology subject matter expert in the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Outside contractor
- Serve as the primary special project coordinator/liaison for all WUSM custodial services contractors and outside vendor support.
- Monitor contract compliance and renewals including negotiation and management.
- Reconcile work performed against contract terms and trains staff on areas of deficiency
- Recommend action plans to improve areas of deficiencies, resolve and trouble shoot housekeeping concerns.
- Coordinate special projects planning for community relations activities,
- Serve on various committees to support organizational functions.
- Coordinate cleaning of new buildings working with capital projects to ensure smooth transition,
- Coordinate workflow between customers and departmental staff.
- Quality Control
- Responsible for conducting service quality and compliance inspections to approximately 50 buildings to include internally and outsourced buildings.
- Assists with developing and tracking in-house supervisor inspections.
- Conducts safety inspections in customer assigned, common and custodial spaces.
- Assist with monitoring compliance of established safety standards and housekeeping practices.
- Process Management
- Calculate labor hours and service levels appropriate to the area of service.
- Develops and maintains work load leveling and job card creation.
- Assist with development of space utilization reports.
- Organize and ensure proper distribution and access of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Evaluate and recommend purchasing sources.
- Assists with key control and management for the custodial services department.
- Assists with process improvement.
- Assists with developing return on investment for new products and technology as needed.
- Estimates equipment needs as it relates to new services and services levels
- Serves as a technology specialist by providing software support, training, and implementation.
- Assist with creating and delivering technical and computer-based training for custodial services staff.
- Works with installation technology personnel to assist in articulating technology concerns.
- Develops original material (technical writing plus formatting and layout) for public distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field and at least 5 years of experience in facilities management and/or custodial services or High School diploma with at least 10 years of experience in facilities management and/or custodial services.
- Computer & software training.
- Related past work experience.
- Extensive experience with software such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, website content management software, database management systems, and email/calendaring software.
- Broad-based and detailed knowledge of university organizations, colleges, academic departments, programs, administrative offices, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $18.44 - $23.52 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.