NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Assoc Revenue Cycle Analyst within the Cancer Center - Revenue Integrity Department.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling charges related to infusion treatments of Cancer Center patients in order to assure accuracy of said charges and maximize revenue while maintaining compliance with Hospital, government and third-party payor guidelines for billing. Additionally, the Billing Specialist is also responsible for performing other functions, such as providing in-service training to professional staff, related to accurate charge capture and reconciliation
- Maintains daily billing reconciliation report including daily reconciliation of Infusion treatments and charges. Ensures all necessary charges are reconciled on a daily basis and maintains daily billing reconciliation report.
- Daily review and audit of Evaluation Management charges for office practice visits. Ensures that Evaluation Management charges are properly entered. Completes audits on a timely basis.
- Continuous review of billing operation process to ensure compliance with Medicare guidelines. Ensures that billing operation is in compliance with Medicare guidelines.
- Participates with billing and compliance staff on updates to billing for Infusion and office practice. Collaborate with Patients Accounts to resolve any billing discrepancies. Maintains and implements updates to billing charge form.
- Updates necessary charges on a timely basis. Works with Patient Accounts to resolve infusion charge discrepancies. Maintains and updates billing charge forms as necessary.
- Conducts in-service education for clinical staff to ensure appropriate billing practices are followed. Trains new employees on INVISION software charge entry. Effectively trains all necessary staff in appropriate billing practices relating to Infusion.
- Reviews charts for accurate documentation by nurses. Reviews chart documentation in a timely basis and reviews with nurse manager deficiencies in nursing chart documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Minimum three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient in the use of productivity-based computer software (MS Office). Familiarization with medical terminology. Familiarization with hospital/medical billing
Bachelor's Degree in an related fied. Experience using SMS Invision computer software
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.