NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Patient Care Assistant
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists patients and communicates with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
- Clean and sterilize designated equipment after use.
- Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
- Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Ensure exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patients. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
- Stock exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms.
- Ensure chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Assists with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- Obtain vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of experience, as a patient care assistant
- Working knowledge of English is evident in verbal, reading and writing abilities
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills
- Proficiency in venipuncture and phlebotomy required.
Some college preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.