NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Research Technician.
INYU School of Medicine: One of the nation's leading centers of advanced biomedical learning, spans a history of excellence of nearly 160 years in the education and training of physicians, in patient care, and in scientific research. The School of Medicine's mission remains the same as was at its founding in 1841: 'The pursuit and delivery of the highest quality patient care, medical training, and scientific research must be accomplished in a setting of excellence at the highest level of human achievement.'
- Candidate will manage and conduct experiments and tests of complex nature for the Thoracic Research lab including in vitro culture of mammalian cells.
- Extraction of protein and nucleic acids from cultured cells or tissues, determination of protein concentration in cell or tissue extracts, protein analysis, determination of RNA and DNA concentration in cell or tissue extracts, identification of specific mRNAs by Northern blotting, amplification of specific mRNAs by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), characterization of antigen composition of cell or tissue extracts by immunological techniques including immunoprecipitation of immunoblotting (Western blotting), characterization of antigen composition of cultured cells or tissue sections by immunohistochemical techniques including immunofluorescence and ELISA and related general responsibilities. Plus all additional duties as assigned.
- Participates and performs other related duties as required.
- Judgment/Decision-Making - Is able to recognize problems as they occur; and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Communication/Relationship with Others - Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. effective manner. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree plus 3-5 years experience in research.
- Excellent communication is essential.
- Master's degree and demonstrated computer proficiency with MS Office titles preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.