Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check Statement:
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University's receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary purpose of this position is to administer the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliance program for the University, in conjunction with the Office of Information Security.
Daily activities for this position will vary and may include the following:
- Work in collaboration with Information Security to develop improvements and implement changes to administrative tasks related to PCI training for departmental users of credit cards, campus communication related to e-commerce, and completion of departmental and University SAQ (Standard Assessment Questionaire).
- Communicate with the NC Office of State Controller e-commerce manager regarding additions or changes to campus credit card terminals.
- Maintain inventory of all university owned credit card terminals.
- Participate in campus Payment Card Oversight Committee.
- Coordinate Billing for all campus departmental merchants who accept credit cards to pay processing fees from the department.
- Improve campus policies and procedures regarding payment card acceptance.
- Attend PCI-DSS Workshops/Conferences as needed.
- Review each departmental merchant on campus annually to review payment acceptance process and ensure each departmental merchant is compliant with Institutional and PCI-DSS Council policies and procedures.
In addition to serving as the PCI – DSS Coordinator, this role serves as a back-up to the Director of Cash Management.
- Daily activities include data entry, communication with campus departments and vendors, processing journal entries, Electronic Funds Transfers, Balancing, and other activities as needed.
Experience with the implementation, development of a PCI DSS compliance program.
Department: University Treasury - 415101