Under general supervision, following established policiesand procedures, responsible for all activities surrounding the scheduling ofpatient procedures at the hospital for both inpatient and outpatient
- Collaborate with supervisor, patients, diagnostic services, surgical team scheduling members, ancillary departments, and other clinical disciplines to collect, report, and document data accurately, based on the scheduling needs of the department.
- Work closely with physician office personnel to obtain and transcribe physician orders to ensure timely processing of scheduled patients. Works with physician office nurses to scribe orders via telephone to avoid patient delay and improve patient wait times for scheduled procedures.
- Obtain the necessary patient and insurance information for all patients scheduled for procedures as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, insurance and provides detail documentation in the electronic medical record scheduling module.
- Provide directions and procedures details to the patient. Identify requirements (protocols) for specified scheduled procedures.
- Clarify orders to ensure test being scheduled is reflective on the physician order. Provide procedure protocol information to patients for test being ordered.
- Confirm patient appointments and prescreens patients for safety guidelines. Verify if procedure scheduled requires authorization approval. Ensure consent forms are completed and given to the ancillary department technicians for contracted facility inpatients.
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services within St. Anthony Hospital. Contact insurance carries when appropriate for pre-certifications and referrals.
- Obtain and document in electronic medical record all diagnosis and procedure codes (CPT & ICD), current labs and previous study reports for upcoming patient appointments.
- Filter calls for all of Radiology ancillary departments and covers phones when file room staff not available. Assist with labeling, filing and updating of files in the scheduling module.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as aLicensed Practical Nurse.
- One year previous physician office, hospital, orambulatory setting experience required.
- Effective oral communication skills andexcellent interpersonal skills, medical terminology
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St.Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing incardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needsof Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through itslarge rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplexcampuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to theoutlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent careservices in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerousawards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified HealthyBusiness, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit,among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for qualityand patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national healthcare organizations.