Registered Behavior TechnicianPrimary Location:
IL-ILCarbondale-304 W Mill StFunction:
Behavioral/Mental Health ProfessionalOrganization:
NeuroRestorative Carbondale is excited to announce a new position to support our Intensive NeuroBehavioral Unit. Come join our team as a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) and make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
RBT Credential required!Description
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform eachessential function listed below.
- Establishes andmaintains therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity andbuilding rapport with the client.
- Follows thetreatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seeks outappropriate consultation
- Collaborates withfamily and treatment team members to provide treatment effectively and withoutdisruption to the environment or other individuals in the environment
- Educate parents/guardianson reinforcement and intervention information when requested
- Maintains professionalismand composure at all times. Alwaysutilizes appropriate interactional style with clients and staff. Maintains dignity and respect for others.
- Prompts safe andsocially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire ofcommunication, social interaction, and problem solving skills
- Fades promptsappropriately to promote both successful and independent responding
- Increases thefrequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors byproviding access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removalof demands/aversive situations)
- Reviewsparticipant progress objectively using behavior analytic methods, identifies solutionsto barriers and makes recommendations to the supervisor and behavior analyst whenneeded.
- Accuratelycollects behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency,inter-response time, event, and interval based recording as needed.
- Reassessment asappropriate
- Ensures all clinicaland residential documentation, both staff and client related is completed in atimely and accurate manner.
- Reviews dailyupdates for clients such as new programs, access level changes, scheduledsessions, etc., implements programs and trains staff on implementation.
- Ensures properimplementation and retraining as needed by routinely communicate with staff.
- Schedules andprepares for leisure activities to keep participants engaged and active whentherapy sessions are not taking place.
- Participates intraining from clinical staff on the implementation of program updates to assurerehabilitative objectives are achieved.
- Completes allmandatory trainings and refreshers as required
- Provides feedbackand training to LST staff when needed.
- Attend clinicalmeetings as assigned such as access review meetings, clinical team meetings,progress conferences, etc.
- Responsible forproviding up to date residential status of participants as well as identifyingproblem areas affecting the participant and following through with solutionsbased upon clinical team recommendations.
- Engages in themeetings, provides input, shares observations, opinions, concerns, ideas, etc.
- Understands andensures adherence to company policies and procedures; also ensures compliancewith relevant external regulatory statutes and standards.
- Requires passingthe RBT Competency Assessment annually, completes a renewal, receives ongoingsupervision and complies with the BACB's ethics requirements relevant to RBT's.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Experience:
- High SchoolDiploma
- RBT Credential ordesire to work toward obtaining the RBT Credential with guidance provided, andthe ability to complete that training and board exam within 30 days from hiringdate.
- Preferred twoyears of completed college coursework in psychology, education, social work,behavioral science, human development or related fields
- Preferred twoyears of experience working with Traumatic Brain Injury populations who engagein severe problem behaviors
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- RBT Credential
- Current CPR/FirstAid Certification as required
- Current driver'slicense with 5 year driving history
- MediumWork. Exerting up to 50 pounds offorce occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10pounds of force constantly to move objects.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbentswho become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions eitherunaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on acase by case basis.