| |Care Site Description
Colorado Lutheran Homes and Apartments is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
As a nonprofit residence, our mission is to foster healing and health within our community by providing a wellness way-of-life with quality, efficiency and empathy for those residents entrusted to our care.
- Arvada, Colo. (Apartments estab. 1964, Health Care Center estab. 1974)
- Independent Living, Assisted Living, Long Term Care
- Secured Memory Unit for Women
- Excellence in Action award places it in the top 380 nursing homes in the U.S. (out of 16,000+).
- Eden Alternative Registered Home
- Step One Quality Award from the American Health Care Association
This position is responsible for preparing food in accordance with established menus, recipes and sanitary standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of all food served in the facility.
- Assure adherence to menus, including those for special diets ordered.
- Provide input into development/revision of master menus and modified diet menus.
- Assure optimal quality, temperature and appearance of meals.
- Act in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, hazard-free work area.
- Assist with the purchase, storage and inventory of the food supply.
- Maintain knowledge of current nutritional practice.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes, required
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Experience with quantity food preparation, preferred
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements, preferred
This position will be working in a long term care/assisted living facility serving meals to 120 people for residents. This is a small kitchen and a small team. Meals are cooked home-made, not frozen. Meal plans vary each day and week. This position will help with all meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and also be a Leader for dietary staff during those meal times. This individual will also work directly with residents doing demonstrations and activities.
: Lutheran Homes and Apartments, Arvada, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Arvada
Department: ECL-CLA-Nutrition Services
: Evening Shift
: Apr 8, 2017, 12:11:50 AM