This position is located in the Behavioral Health Outpatient Services department at the Albany Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, NY. The incumbent willprovide weekend coverage of psychiatry services. This includes coverage of inpatient psychiatric unit, admission of new patients, rounding on inpatients, as well as consultation to medical surgery floors and on occasion to ED. Physician will also be expected to cover institution call needs by telephone and utilize home access as possible for review of patient clinical information and order entry. On site responsibilitiesis 16hours.
* Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
* Guaranteed salary increases!
* Robust benefits (see below) including traditional pension planin addition to a 401K-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions
* CME benefits
*Support Staff:Full multidisciplinary team.
* Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility.
* Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
* No Physician Employment Contract!
Tour of Duty: Tour of Duty will consist of 16 hrs Fri, Sat, Sunday, and Holidays services as scheduled.
- U.S. Citizenship. Citizen of the United States. (Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy).
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained for am institution whose accreditation was in place for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Psychiatry/Neurologyisrequired.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.Physical Requirements: Thephysicianshould be physically and mentally capable to perform the duties of the position including examinations, formulate the diagnosis and treatment plan and educate residents. Physical activities include sitting, standing (up to4 hours)walking (up to 2 hours),heavy lifting (45 pounds or over), reaching above the shoulder, and repeated bending. The incumbent should be emotionally and mentally stable; and capable to perform the duties of the position.All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
*Other(VA Form 10-2850)
Please use this checklist to ensure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1956003.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.