Penrose-St. Francis Health Services is a full-service, 522-bed acute care provider in Colorado Springs comprised of Penrose Hospital and St. Francis Medical Center. Penrose Hospital serves as the anchor hospital of Penrose-St. Francis Health Services with 364-licensed beds and the ability to provide tertiary (high tech) medical-surgical services with an emphasis on elective and outpatient care. Established in 1890, Penrose Hospital has grown to become a major health treatment and referral center, specializing in cancer care, cardiac care, emergency trauma care and physical rehabilitation. In 2008 we opened St. Francis Medical Center to keep pace with the growing needs of the Colorado Springs’ community on the north side of the city. St. Francis Medical Center features 172-beds and offers a modern Birth Center, Level IIIA Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Care Unit, Emergency Department, Level III Trauma Center, Imaging Services, Surgical Services, and Critical Care Unit. It is also serves as Southern Colorado’s home base for the Flight For Life® Colorado air medical helicopter service. It’s an incredible time to join us as we celebrate our sixth consecutive year as one of “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” by Healthgrades and recent Magnet Hospital designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for superior quality in nursing care. With 300+ days of annual sunshine, mild winters and easy access places like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and some of Colorado’s top destination resorts, you will enjoy an incredible lifestyle while having the career you’ve always wanted. For more information about Penrose – St. Francis Health Services, visit http://www.penrosestfrancis.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 104608
Recruiter Contact: Travis Rivers firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic/Department: 4210 PENHH OPERATIONS - ADMIN
Hospital: PENROSE HOME HEALTH
Supports all operational processes per position assignment requiring exemplary performance with knowledge of hospice/homecare regulations; understands what accurate and appropriate documentation is needed to support clinical and billing processes and has knowledge of the following:
Computer skills, organizational and prioritization skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, data entry, quality control.
- Two-year degree, or equivalent experience and education.
- Good communication skills; Good prioritization and organizational skills; Advanced knowledge of computers and Windows products; Medical terminology knowledge.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years recent Health Care experience.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology/ conditions, basic knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Customer service and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate/ translate clinical information and to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills for on-line competency testing and training
- Basic office equipment such as copier, fax
Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.