| BUSINESS PLANNING MANAGER GSAM |
Location : Singapore
To support GSAM in business planning and management of the Risk agenda.
Scope: All businesses and subsidiaries of SC Bank Ltd and the Group (Standard Chartered) ("The Bank")
Reports Directly to: Group Head, Group Special Asset Management (GSAM)
Direct Reports: None
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Summarise all responsibilities and accountabilities. Clarify if the job holder leads or supports others; provide a breakdown by functional area if relevant; as a minimum, the following areas should be covered)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Daily support to Group Head, GSAM
* Act as support to Group Head, GSAM day to day in prioritising and executing his work load, liaise with direct reports and other stakeholders, assign and resolve tasks where appropriate on his behalf.
* Ensure Group Head, GSAM is well prepared on all meetings and engagements. Coordinate with other departments and staff as needed, review to ensure all presentations, documents and briefs are appropriate and content accurate.
* Monitor Group Head, GSAM's incoming correspondence as applicable to ensure prompt handling of all items. Manage follow up and execute actions as appropriate.
* Independently seek resolution on day-to-day management issues requiring Group Head, GSAM's attention where possible. Distribute work on Group Head, GSAM's behalf to direct reports and others where appropriate and track to completion.
* Assist PA in prioritizing Group Head, GSAM's schedule to ensure appropriate time allocation for focus on deliverables and stakeholder management.
* Maintain an effective and close relationship with the Risk teams to ensure awareness of ongoing initiatives, direct communication and consistency of approach.
* Responsible for tracking and monitoring of progress on the Risk Collective Agenda, strategic priorities, Committee meetings, Manco meetings and processes in collaboration with the business and Regional GSAM heads.
* Drive the GSAM Risk agenda, action items resolution and organization of GSAM Risk team meetings and offsites.
* Organise the Risk Manco meetings, coordinate pre-reading, take minutes, manage all action items and follow through to completion.
* Ensure the Group Head, GSAM is well briefed for all governance and compliance related forums including relevant Risk committees etc. Review all relevant forums' documentation and flag issues for Group Head, GSAM's attention and follow up on progress as appropriate.
Management Information and Communication
* Review all risk presentations and papers to Group Risk Committee and Board Risk committee to ensure appropriateness and quality assurance before review.
* Write reports and prepare presentations on behalf of the Group Head, GSAM.
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (List typical pre-requisites for high performance)
* Strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
* Substantial experience in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
* Experience building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, building networks and participating in cross-functional projects including the ability to quickly build and achieve constructive working relationships at all levels up to very senior executives.
* Proven ability to work across cultures and geographies with the flexibility to work across different time zones across the Bank.
* Ability to influence, negotiate and constructively challenge individuals at a variety of levels.
* Ability to thrive in a high-performance, professional environment.
* Excellent English skills, both written, spoken communication and presentation skills.
* Strong project management, prioritisation and problem-solving skills required, as are solid communication, presentation and diplomacy skills.
* High level of drive and pro-actively working, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
* Creative and out of the box thinking.
* Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
* Advanced analytical and numerical skills.
* Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and engage at the senior levels of the Group.
* Ability to handle sensitive matters at all levels of the organisation with discretion and confidentiality.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.