Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing independent, timely, globally aligned and accurate valuations of trading book position, exposure, performance data and analysis to facilitate trading execution, control of trading, management reporting, market risk management, credit risk management and compliance.
- Validating integrity of management information provided to Financial Accounts for the Group Accounts and financial disclosures.
- Independent understanding to identify/escalate and mitigate financial, operational & reputation risk related to trading book positions and exposures.
- Supporting the remediation of working capital related issues. Forecasting, allocation and optimization of working capital to ensure that books remain within limits.
- Providing support for entering/exiting new instruments/markets & growth/contraction of existing business via effective due diligence.
- Operating in accordance with Operating Standards and Control Processes for the relevant region.
To apply, you'll be a university degree holder (or equivalent) with strong business experience in financial accounting and/or control within a trading environment. Additionally, you'll ideally have good level of knowledge and understanding of energy trading markets and instruments. With a solid grasp of the key controls used to mitigate risk, you will possess the well-honed analytical skills required to communicate complex trading transactions and their economic effects. You'll also need meticulous attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines. Finally, you'll also have strong knowledge of the front-to-back deal life-cycle and the role of Product Control through this cycle and the applications employed. It's an exciting prospect and a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career within a complex and global business.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
Integrated Supply & Trading (IST) is BP's face to the traded markets for BP in oil, gas, power, chemicals and finance. IST's role is to enhance Group value through distinctive supply, commodity trading, risk management and information technology skills underpinned by a world class finance, control and compliance infrastructure. IST has a dynamic and highly skilled workforce, which creates value by combining analysis and commercial innovation with the material asset base of BP.
IST Finance operates in support of IST's strategic objectives, helping it to achieve its aim of being the world's pre-eminent energy trader, in a controlled and compliant way. IST Finance is an integral function within BP's global oil and gas trading and supply activities. It is accountable for short term planning and for all financial and middle office control and reporting activities. It also ensures consistency and monitors compliance in processes and Operating Standards. IST Finance operates around 3 Global processes: Accounting & Reporting, Trade Completion and Product Control and operates seamlessly with the Risk function to support the business.
IST fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We are proud of our stance on fairness, equal opportunity and meritocracy, which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.