Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences.
We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
The Coordinator of Professional Development will be responsible for creating and implementing professional development and training programs for college faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution; Master’s preferred.
- Two years of professional experience, training/instructional design, development, and implementation of training programs using the ADDIE or other ISD models.
- Two years of supervisory experience required.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Ability to develop and design professional development activities as well as the ability to facilitate and coordinate such activities.
- Ability to understand relevant technology as it relates to faculty and staff development through the use of Microsoft Office and presentation equipment (webinars, eLearning courses etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in data gathering, compilation, formatting, and presentation.
- Ability to use Microsoft Sharepoint for maintaining the portal site.
http://pgcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/6047 or http://jobs.pgcc.edu
Applicant Instructions: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the minimum qualification and criteria listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Prince George’s Community College is a smoke and tobacco-free college.
Prince George’s Community College supports and embraces cultural diversity, understood as the creation and promotion of an inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for everyone. We accept and value differences, including differences in age, race, national origin, ethnicity, religious affiliation, political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, and ability/disability. We strive for growth and success for all of our students, employees, business partners, and the community.
Prince George's Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504/ADA Institution. The Chief of Staff, Room 130, Kent Hall coordinates the college’s program of nondiscrimination.