ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has access to and assists with Chief Executive Officer’s calendar, setting appointments, and briefing the CEO on the
- As needed/requested receives and screens telephone communications to the Senior Managers this position supports.
- Uses independent judgment to determine how best to route certain questions and inquiries, prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication within and outside of the
- Ensures that requests for immediate action or information are relayed with a sense of urgency to the appropriate person(s).
- Coordinates Board, Management, All Staff Meetings and other meetings by assuring appropriate accommodations are made and rooms are appropriately reserved and
- Provides administrative clerical support in assisting in the preparation of agendas and other related documents for meetings, in correspondence, mailings, documents, etc.
- Performs regular data entry into CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) database, including entry of donations, constituent activity and personal information.
- Prepare and process donor acknowledgement letters and facilitate donor follow up procedures with senior staff and board members.
- Run established and ad-hoc reports from CRM as part of Development Team’s ongoing assessment of activities and goals
- Assist in preparation of mailing lists for constituent communication including fundraising campaigns, events, and newsletters
- As directed by Senior Philanthropy Advisor, works closely with Development Team members to assist with Development events and activities.
- Work closely with all Development Team members in implementing communication plans and activities for monthly e-newsletter, print newsletters, social media, and internal messaging.
- Transcribes minutes of meetings as
- Communicates professionally and effectively with co-workers, managers, directors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules/itineraries and reservations if/when directed and as
- As needed/requested organizes and maintains efficient filing system (electronic & paper) for the Senior Managers this position supports.
- Proofreading typed or printed work and checking records and reports for grammatical construction, completeness, clerical, arithmetical, and typing accuracy, and for compliance with established standards and special
- Typing, faxing, making copies, ordering and maintaining supplies as
- Assists in maintaining official Board binder of all meetings and resolutions drafted,
- Maintains up-to-date Board contact list and required demographics and board member
- Receive and sign for courier deliveries and notify appropriate personnel that packages have
- Maintains sensitive donor records in e-Tapestry and/or other databases used by the organization.
- Assist in data entry, computer searches, agency event assistance and other special projects assigned by Senior Managers this position
- Act as receptionist, handle telephone and personal contacts by staff, visitors, clients and the public in professional and prompt
- Attend all meetings and other activities as
- Any other duties as
- Minimum 18 years of age
- A mission-minded professional
- Meets CNHC health and immunization requirements.
- Complies with all applicable laws ,including but not limited to medical records laws, HIPAA, OSHA and the corporate compliance program of Community Nurse
Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred 2+ years Office Assistant
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization,
- Experience in a community health center,
- Type 50 WPM
Special Training: Short hand, dictation a plus. Knowledge and/or use of e-Tapestry and/or other donor management databases a plus.
- Ability to speak fluently and clearly in English.
- Ability to speak clearly and fluently in Spanish, a
- Ability to pleasantly and helpfully communicate with all levels of the public via telephone and in-person.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personnel – protected classes of genders, races, religious backgrounds, socio-economic status,
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks from more than one person at a
- Demonstration of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher) and be proficient with e-mail and internet communications an
- Demonstrate flexibility and “whatever-it-takes”
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and how to maximize its use in a professional
- Ability to read and interpret documents, contracts, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and grant Ability to proof reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.