The Audience Services Specialist is responsible for the front of house operations and event details related to the audience experience and key customer facing services for the Duke University Box Office. This position is charged with identifying, proposing and implementing streamlined solutions and creative ideas to provide stellar customer service to a multitude of constituents. The Duke University Box Office and Information Desk is a customer service oriented environment that provide services to the arts and cultural events on campus, provides informational materials and concierge-like assistance to the campus visitors and community. The Audience Services Specialist supports the daily operations of the Box Office and Information Desk as well as being the key person responsible for the audience experience, front of house staff, accessibility requests and regulations. This position is primarily responsible for facilitating the collection, organization and presentation of the information and materials needed from space users, training and oversight to the house managers, communication with team members regarding event details, and upholding excellent customer service standards. The Audience Services Specialist is cross trained on key tasks to maintain efficient operations of the office at all times. Provides accurate and timely information to customers and promoters and facilitates problem solving in an efficient and customer focused manner. Works closely with the Ticketing and Theatre Operations teams and is cross-trained on key tasks of the Box Office to maintain efficient operations of the office.
1. Consults and corresponds with renters to determine production needs in relation to ticketing and audience services. Determines production requirements, meets with renters to establish and review production specifications, checks production service orders to ensure accuracy, makes necessary revisions and make change orders as needed. Maintain excellent presentation of materials, personnel, policies and procedures at primary locations and auxiliary locations as assigned. Takes a proactive approach to issues and problems, recommends and facilitates solutions both independently and in conference with team and management to resolve complex situations. 35%
2. Deliver an excellent customer service experience to all engaged in our operations, including students, faculty, staff, patrons, visitors, presenters, and officials. Provide general office support with phone, email and mail correspondence. 20%
3. Assist management of student employees. Provide training, updates and communication to the student employees regarding operations, policies and procedures, including PCI-DSS (credit card) security compliance training and practices, and ADA regulations and accessibility information. 15%
4. Participate in the sale of tickets for Duke University arts and cultural productions through window, mail and internet operations; answer inquiries and assist customers with selection and purchase of tickets; assist in determining seat locations for individuals and groups. Provide excellent customer service to patrons, the Duke University community and external constituents. This includes daily cash handling and reconciliation of cash, check, credit and Flex payment transactions. 15%
5. Provide staffing support for events as scheduled, primarily on nights and weekends. Assist with the support of volunteer program recruitment, training, and correspondence as directed. 5%
6. Implement new office methods and procedures to ensure accuracy and efficiency; ensure accurate maintenance of office records, manuals and documents while keeping informed of new policies and procedures; interpret new directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes. 5%
7. Other duties as assigned. 5%