**Resumes will be accepted only through May 24, 2017**
General Statement of Duties:
Performs accounting and general office management for North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees’ Association (NCRGEA). Provides backup and assistance for each of the other staff positions when the need arises.
Distinguishing Features of the Classification:
An employee in this classification supplies the primary accounting and office management for the Association. Work involves accounting and general office management. Work requires accuracy in maintaining the currency of the accounting operation and employee records for the Association. Work is evaluated by the Executive Director through conferences, accuracy and completeness of records, and observation of work results obtained. Work direction is provided by the Executive Director.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Maintain computer accounting of Association’s financial records including maintaining checking account, payroll records, investment information and budget analysis
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Initiate, file and make payment as necessary for all monthly, quarterly and yearly tax reports
- Initiate all checks and obtain proper signatures and approval
- Maintain liaison with auditor, prepare information for annual audit and keep up to date on new audit procedures and/or programs
- Keep current on tax laws and tax reports required by law or regulations and brief Executive
Director on these matters:
- In concert with Executive Director, prepare and update annual budget
- Prepare monthly financial and cash flow analyses
- Generate a detailed record of all investments and assets and recommend to Executive Director and Executive Committee when investment changes appear appropriate
- Investigate and recommend to the Executive Director new methods to improve the financial management of the Association
- Maintain all personnel records of the Association including employment histories, position descriptions, pay plans, records of accumulated sick leave and vacation time, and job applications
- Provide processing of Life member payments, correspondence and cards
- Maintain inventory of office equipment and fixed assets
- Maintain petty cash fund
- Assist and train new staff in proper utilization of NCRGEA database
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of administrative written procedures, manuals, and processes of NCRGEA
- Oversee Access Perks Program (online discount program)
- Record and update telephone system messages for NCRGEA office voicemail.
Perform other duties as required.
Excellent benefits: health insurance reimbursement, generous vacation and sick leave, half-days off on Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day and week after Christmas office is closed. Employer paid short and long-term insurance and life insurance.