Nemours is seeking an Optometrist to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida.
This position requires a Doctor of Optometry degree from accredited optometry program and a valid Florida license. The Doctor of Optometry is responsible for eye care of pediatric patients with emphasis on primary vision care. Clinical care must be delivered in no less than 9 patient care sessions per week. This position also requires participation in departmental and organizational programs for continuous quality improvement. Our clinic hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and the work schedule will be similar to this. Taking call may be a requirement in the future.
Position responsibilities include:
- Providing ophthalmic examinations so as to diagnose vision problems and eye disease.
- Testing patient visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
- Determining refractive error and prescribing correction as appropriate to each patient.
- Administering diagnostic ophthalmic preparations so as to aid in the determination of vision problems.
- Providing initial diagnosis of medical and surgical ophthalmic diseases with referral to an ophthalmologist as appropriate.
- Working with Clinical Manager to develop and update protocols and procedures to ensure quality performance standards for outpatient care.
- Fostering a climate conducive to educational experiences for residents, fellows and other trainees.
- Contributing to staff education and the development of staff, students and colleagues.
- Sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues; acting as a role model and mentor to department personnel.
- Working collaboratively with schedulers, secretaries and other division/department members to ensure service excellence to patients, families, colleagues and referring physicians.
- Documenting clinical activity within the electronic medical record in a timely fashion as determined by institution.
- Other duties as within scope of professional practice and institution guidelines.
At our three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the “Best Doctors in America®.” We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children's Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
This position requires a Doctor of Optometry degree from accredited optometry program and a valid Florida license.
For more information and to submit CV online, please visit http://careers.nemours.org/jobs/136899/ or contact Brian Richardson, Physician Recruiter: 407-650-7670, Brian.Richardson@nemours.org