Northwestern University Opportunity (Job ID 30790):
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as a Program Assistant 2, CTD (Evanston Campus).
The Program Assistant 2 provides a variety of clerical & administrative support which may include drafting & typing letters, reports, charts, graphs, etc. using word processing, spreadsheet, database, &/or presentation software; basic bookkeeping; screening calls & visitors; preparing agendas & making arrangements including travel, etc. for meetings & special events; &/or managing supervisor's &/or dept calendar.
Documents & Databases
- Prepares manuscripts, scientific, technical &/or statistical documents.
- Proofs for spelling & grammar.
- Enters information into spreadsheets &/or databases.
- Creates equations.
- Compiles routine reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. from readily available information.
- Coordinates content maintenance of websites &/or blogs.
- Trains &/or assists faculty &/or staff in updating their websites &/or blogs.
- Processes accounts payables &/or receivables.
- Verifies income &/or expense.
- Resolves discrepancies & over/under budget problems.
- Enters, tracks, & maintains documentation & logs of financial transactions.
- Ensures that charges have posted to appropriate accounts.
- Assists with reconciliation of accounts.
- Reviews budget statements.
- Investigates & resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares budget reports & spreadsheets.
- Completes routine payroll actions.
- Processes a limited variety of routine HR transactions.
- Provides information on HR policies & procedures.
- Coordinates supervisor's &/or dept calendar.
- Coordinates registration & travel.
- Coordinates events which may include scheduling rooms &/or guest speaker & arranging for routine materials, technology & refreshments.
- Provides information via phone, e-mail, mail, etc.
- Represents supervisor in routine/standard situations with various levels of personnel both internally & externally.
- Guides students through admissions process.
- Advises students of major/minor requirements.
- Reviews student files/records for academic progress & referral.
- Applies knowledge of federal & state regulations.
- Interprets existing policies & procedures; etc.
- Coordinates work of receptionists, program assts, temporary/work-study students, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
Working at Northwestern University:
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will apply for current openings. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 30790.
30790-Program Assistant 2, CTD
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.