Detroit Creative Corridor Center (DC3) invites applications for a part-time Office Administrator. This position reports to the Director of Advocacy and Operations at DC3, but supports all three internal teams. DC3 is an economic development organization focused on strengthening Detroit’s creative economy that is housed within the College for Creative Studies (CCS). DC3 helps small and medium-sized businesses grow, promotes Detroit’s creative community through events and exposure, and champions Detroit’s creative industries through its advocacy efforts. Most notably, DC3 is the steward for Detroit’s UNESCO City of Design designation. DC3 seeks a highly organized and motivated problem-solver to provide administrative support to the organization, especially in the areas of customer relations, financial management, and general office operations. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. There is potential for this position to expand to a full-time position. Schedule is negotiable.
About Detroit Creative Corridor Center
DC3 is an economic development organization dedicated to strengthening Detroit’s creative economy and connecting people to it. DC3 champions Detroit’s creative economy, provides services to creative businesses and designers, and offers widespread opportunities to engage with Detroit’s creative sectors. DC3 envisions a city where utilizing creativity and design is considered a fundamental way of doing business.
DC3 is a joint initiative between Business Leaders for Michigan and the College for Creative Studies (CCS). CCS is the fiduciary for DC3 programs and activities, and all DC3 staff are employees of CCS.
More information about DC3 can be found on our website at www.detroitc3.com.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable, working closely with the CCS Business Office to do so.
- Process all vendor forms, invoices, staff expense reports, online payments, and other requests for payment
- Organize and submit monthly credit card reports
- Produce invoices for corporate contributors and track payments
- Produce monthly financial reports from Quick Books as well as any financial reports needed for grant reporting.
- Greet guests and visitors to DC3 and support team in hosting meetings (refreshments, etc).
- Manage new inquiries to DC3 via general email and main phone, either by responding directly or disseminating calls to appropriate team members for response
- Serve as the general administrator of the organization’s customer relations management database (Neon)
- Solicit and track required metrics from DC3 customers for quarterly grant reporting
- Occasionally support team in one-on-one outreach to DC3 customers (i.e. follow-up phone calls, emails).
General Office Operations
- Liaise with the CCS Business Office, Human Resources Office, and Executive Offices as necessary to support DC3 operations
- Manage employee time sheet submissions
- Support DC3 events by processing pay requisitions, part-time time sheets, RSVP s, etc.
- Assist DC3 staff with administrative tasks as assigned
- Manage office materials, supplies and equipment inventory
- Manage IT & facilities needs for DC3
- Manage DC3 mail
- Maintain shared kitchen space
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Director of Advocacy and Operations.