About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equality, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu.
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matter. A background check will be required.
To provide critical administrative, organizational, and clerical support to the Education Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders and monitors office supplies.
- Processes check requests/purchase orders and maintain department operating budget.
- Responsible for department reception (welcoming students, answering phones).
- Schedules advisor appointments.
- Supervises student workers.
- Coordinates copying/faxing.
- Facilitates office and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Updates departmental website as requested by Chair.
- Provides department typing and data entry.
- Analyzes office needs and designs systems to meet them, provide computer support for department, type documentation as well as other computer-related tasks.
- Maintains records related to checking in/out technology, departmental resources, etc.
- Represents department at Committee of Staff (COSA) and Disaster and Emergency Response Team (DERT) meetings
- Travels to Chalon as needed.
- Any other administrative assistance as needed by departmental faculty, Chair, and Credential Analyst.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of an office environment, policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of the English language.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and word-processing, spreadsheet and database software applications - specifically, MS Office (Word and Access), Excel, and Colleague.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong organization and prioritization, oral/written communication, interpersonal and basic mathematics skills.
- Efficient and accurate typing and filing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College coursework in administrative science, computers and/or related subjects a plus.
- A minimum of one year of administrative or clerical experience, preferably in a college setting preferred.
Work Location: Doheny (Downtown Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history by visiting: