Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in HVAC and refrigeration. If not a completed degree, technical course(s) beyond HS are required.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in the HVAC field in an institutional setting or working for a contractor in an equivalent setting.
- Must have excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work independently and be self-sufficient.
- Must be able to work from various heights on ladders and lifts up to 35 feet, work on equipment from stooping or kneeling positions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to distinguish colors used for piping service and electrical wire insulation.
- Must follow all OSHA, EPA, and NYS codes for HVAC work.
- Must be familiar with energy management systems (EMS) to utilize the systems for troubleshooting and verifying equipment performance.
- Must be able to trace out and understand mechanical and domestic piping and air side systems.
- Must have computer skills using Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Be familiar with Confined Space entry procedures, and Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
Certifications in HVAC-R preferred- NATE, ICE, or RSES.
10 Hour OSHA card.
Valid NYS Driver License Class D preferred.
Ability to open and plot AutoCAD drawings.
EPA Universal Certification for refrigerants.
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.