NAFSA: Association of International Educators is offering a paid internship for upper-level undergraduate or graduate students as part of its Professional Learning Services (PLS) team. The internship is ideal for applicants who are considering careers in or want to learn more about international education or higher education administration, teaching and training, and curriculum instruction and design.
NAFSA is the world’s largest professional membership association dedicated to international education. The association promotes study abroad for students from the United States, increased access to the U.S. for international students and scholars, and the internationalization of college and university curricula.
- Assist with data management and analysis or professional learning programs
- Support workshop planning and logistics
- Proofread and revise NAFSA workshop, online learning, and other training materials
- Update/enhance handouts, resources, and other supplementary instructional and support materials
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter, be familiar with Microsoft Office suite applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, and have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Preferred skills include writing and copyediting experience, instructional design experience, training/teaching skills, or administrative and nonprofit management experience. Candidates with an interest in and/or knowledge of training, curriculum development, higher education, international education, education research, and U.S. campus internationalization will be able to apply this work to their academic careers.
Fall Term: The fall internship is a part-time (up to 14 hours per week) position and is available for one term beginning in September and concluding in December. Compensation is $14 per hour for both undergraduate and graduate students. NAFSA will work with the student’s institution if the intern is seeking academic credit.
In your cover letter, please include information that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this internship? What experience would you like to gain through this position?
- How do your skills compare to those of the ideal candidate listed above?
- Do you have any administrative, international and/or cross-cultural communication experience to bring to the role?
- What is your availability for fall 2017?
Please note: All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.