IT Senior Applications Administrator/Analyst - (170000RQ)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work has an opening for a Senior IT Applications Administrator/Analyst. The Informatics Department in the School of Social Work (SSW) supports all technology related matters in the SSW. This position manages all aspects of application development, analysis, and administration of IT software applications that support the SSW administrative units. This includes application review, analysis, and modification of programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing. Monitoring the continued operation and troubleshooting problems with the applications. Training end users in the proper use of applications, and the creation and upkeep of documentation related to the operation of the application. This position will interact with end users as well as campus and 3rd party software vendors. Responsible for drafting new business processes and/or developing functional specifications for enhancements to the application system.
The School of Social Work is one of seven professional schools at the University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB), an urban health, law and human services campus. The School ranks among the top twenty schools of social work in the nation and has an enrollment of approximately 950 MSW students in two locations (Baltimore and Shady Grove) and about 60 PhD students are also enrolled. We also host two national training and technical assistance centers, a Child Welfare Academy, a Center on Positive Schools, and about $30,000,000 in extramural projects, in all. At this time UM SSW has about 300 employees.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Installs, implements, administers, supports, and maintains desktop and server based applications.
- Monitors designated applications and takes corrective action to prevent or minimize system down time.
- Designs and configures technical changes against documented requirements for the application(s) and establishes guidelines. Ensures standardization of design is maintained.
- Troubleshoots to resolve system related problems; coordinates with relevant System Administrators and/or third party vendors regarding user support and problem resolution.
- Leads creation of user documentation and trains personnel on new applications software..
- Designs and develops new business processes, policies, procedures, programs, scripts, web pages by applying knowledge of application in conjunction with understanding of department specific needs.
- Assign and is accountable for workable solutions and processes per assigned area of application and/or requirements.
- Provides upper level support to users having difficulties with applications.
- Supports and serves as a technical expert for the School's in-house developed applications in all stages of development, testing, and production.
- Keeps current with the latest technology; regularly attends technical training in order to maintain technical expertise.
- May lead or coordinate work of others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field of functional area of application(s) or computer related field.
Experience: Six (6) years of experience in a functional area that requires the use and support of specified application(s).
*Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of best practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance. Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software, applications, query and control languages, application administration, CRM Software, and providing technical support to end users. Ability to ensure availability, dependability, and reliability of assigned applications. Knowledge of best project management. Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a mission and strategic vision. Ability to continuously seek quality service and process improvements in order to support a mission and strategic vision. Skill in strategic and analytical thought with an ability to solve problems and make decisions Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a broad range of users that are both technical and non-technical. Familiarity with troubleshooting techniques used to resolve application related problems. Excellent oral/written communication, listening, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E0769E
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Social Work - General Instruction
: May 9, 2017
: May 30, 2017, 11:59:00 PM