This position serves in the Contracts, Assignments & Billing (CAB) unit within Housing & Residential Life (HRL), and is responsible for planning, implementing, and coordinating activities related to the housing contract and application process for new and returning students to University owned and/or operated Residence Halls and Apartments. This position is also responsible for providing on-going coordination of the Living & Learning Community Application process and providing primary backup for the Assignment area. This position works predominately in the Residential Management System (RMS), which is HRL’s housing occupancy management software system. This position reports to the Coordinator Contracts, Assignments & Billing.
Duties & Responsibilities
Application & Contract Process (30%)
- Manage the housing application process for new and returning students.
- Develop, test and troubleshoot the housing application system and process for new and returning students
- Develop, test and troubleshoot the housing application system and process for special populations including but not limited to: student athletes, International student reserved space program, Community Advisor and Greek reserved space programs.
- Support and maintain housing occupancy management system templates in RMS. Coordinate RMS application mail merge, adhoc mail merge, and system generated responses
- Coordinate application-contract yearly updates and changes.
- Coordinate application system communication process for new and returning applicants and residents.
- Develop and maintain housing application service level agreements with the Living Learning Community program sponsors.
- Manage the housing waitlist for incoming students.
- Update terms and conditions for the student housing contract annually.
Data Management/Coordination (30%)
- Create and maintain RMS Reports (Crystal Reports or Telerik).
- Coordinate assessment and evaluation of the CAB area. Update, create and maintain various housing management reports including but not limited to: Occupancy, Applications, Demographics, No Shows, Contract Releases, Grade Reports, Graduation/Retention data, etc.
- Provide or assist in providing housing data/information requests from University departments and/or staff.
Customer Service, Collaboration & Outreach (25%)
- Assist with presentations and outreach to prospective students.
- Provide information to students, parents and other customers in person, by phone and by email.
- Serve as a representative of Housing & Residential Life at Student Orientation programs, Admissions events, and information/welcome fairs.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide assistance and guidance to housing staff and University departments related to complex contract and application processes and questions.
- Educate, guide, and serve as a resource to current and prospective residents and their family/guardians regarding general and complex housing contract and application process inquiries.
- Independently resolve routine and non-routine concerns/questions regarding housing application issues and raised by students and their family/guardians.
- Coordinate and manage early move-in process.
Administrative & Other Essential Functions (15%)
- Create and maintain technical, operational and end user documentation for RMS.
- Coordinate training for users of RMS and other associated systems.
- Provide backup for the housing information desk as needed.
- Represent the CAB unit on various committees.
- Coordinate CAB related Residential life training and assist with Business Operations Supervisor training.
- Serve on departmental committees to represent the Contract Assignment & Billing area.
- Lead and manage various projects in the CAB area.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator Contracts, Assignments and Billing and the Associate Director of Housing & Residential Life.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $42,000-47,000