General DescriptionEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Zero Waste Event Coordination
- Manage the day to day operations of the zero-waste event support program
- Receive, schedule and bill event set ups
- Communicate with event planners including promoting and creatively incentivizing the planning of zero waste events to event planners
- Manage the Homewood Recycling Program waste bin inventory including maintaining records of counts, locations, cleaning and assembly of bins and proper signage.
- Continually evaluate the zero-waste event support program to improve all aspects of service and efficiency
- Track and report zero waste event metrics
Marketing and outreach
- Develop marketing and outreach materials for various levels of the university community
- Design outreach materials including flyers, bin signage, PowerPoint presentation templates, Facebook events, etc.
- Support Homewood Recycling's various social media platforms
- Coordinate with the Office of Sustainability's outreach coordinator to promote and cross-market Homewood Recycling programs.
- Supervise student employees including providing direction and training to staff and managing time reporting.
- Gather data for and assist in budgetary, grant, statistical, financial and other requested reports.
- Gain understanding of the operational and administrative processes of the campus recycling program to be able to respond to inquiries and emergent situations as needed.
- Provide back up to Recycling Manager as needed including receiving, responding to and assigning recycling requests and vendor service calls.
Furniture Reuse Program
- Provide overall program coordination for the Furniture Reuse Program at the JHU Homewood Campus, including determining priorities, maintaining a safe workspace, purchasing and care of equipment, tools and supplies
- Oversee the collection, inventory, marketing, distribution, donation and disposal of furniture and equipment.
- Communicate with internal customers including discussing furniture needs, scheduling furniture visits and deliveries, and promoting and creatively incentivizing the use of the Furniture Reuse Program
- Work with Facilities & Real Estate, Design & Construction and other campus units to identify opportunities for reclamation of furnishings, fixtures, and building materials during office moves as well as remodeling and construction projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external businesses and organizations that serve as outlets for furniture; coordinates sales, donation and recycling of furniture items through these networks.
- Research, negotiate with, consult with, and direct outside vendors.
- Track and report furniture collection, distribution, revenue, and cost avoidance data.
- Move and organize furniture in JHU warehouses and other storage facilities.
Other Related Duties
- Support other Homewood Recycling Program initiatives.
- Assist with the monitoring of cleanliness of all docks and Homewood Recycling Program spaces on campus.
- Perform other related work as assigned.