Department: Athletics Office
Purpose of Position:
To assist in the coaching and training of student-athletes at the NCAA Division I level in the sport of women's lacrosse to prepare them for competition in local, regional and national arenas.
- Assist in recruitment of academically qualified and athletically talented student-athletes.
- Assist in coaching and training of student-athletes at the NCAA Division I level to prepare them for competition in local, regional and national arenas.
- Assist with maintenance of accurate files of current and prospective student-athletes. Assist with maintenance of required NCAA, A10, and University paperwork.
- Assist with evaluation of prospective student-athletes.
- Assist with travel involved with recruitment, games/matches, and tournaments.
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Video analysis and scouting of opponents.
- Promote execution of the Athletic Department's strategic plan by adhering to its mission and core values and acting upon its goals and strategies.
- Must have an advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Valid Drivers License
- Must have knowledge of NCAA, A10, and University regulations regarding NCAA women's lacrosse.
-Playing experience as a collegiate lacrosse athlete.
- Experience recruiting and/or coaching women's lacrosse at the collegiate level.
- Experience with recruiting and video match analysis software systems.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.