Partners with clients to design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions regarding data management and analysis. This includes database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. Utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations. Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
This role will join an interdisciplinary team in the in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology to work closely with the Division of Gynecologic Oncology and the Division of Biostatistics in the Feinberg School of Medicine. Individual will be mentored by a faculty member of the Division of Biostatistics and will provide statistical analysis support for a variety of translational, clinical and social medicine research projects in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology, including analysis of data from national and institutional databases. Will work with investigators to design, develop and implement solutions regarding data management and statistical analysis. Duties include importing data, selecting appropriate statistical methods, conducting and summarizing analyses, and preparing tables and figures for presentations and publications. Projects include both short term collaborations and long term research efforts.
1. Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
2. Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
3. Serve on committees related to data structure and governance.
4. Assist in development of statistical analysis plans.
1. Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology.
2. Maintains study databases; runs ad hoc queries and analyses.
3. Cleans and organizes data in preparation for analysis.
4. Performs statistical analysis of the data.
5. Prepares and edits data summaries on a weekly basis.
6. Help interpret results and write reports; prepares tables, figures, and graphs for publications, presentations and funding applications.
7. Assist faculty members in teaching statistical analysis and epidemiologic methods skills.
1. Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
2. Determines data structure for local datasets.
1. Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
2. Perform range, logic and consistency checks, reporting errors when necessary.
3. Prepare analysis programs and reports to monitor data accrual and quality.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years' data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
- Experience with survival analysis, regression modeling, data management, as well as strong programming and statistical analysis skills required.
- Experience with IRB compliance.
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.