Job Description - Head Coach of menâ??s & womenâ??s fencing program with coaching, recruiting and administrative duties. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumni and friends groups.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelorâ??s Degree required; Masterâ??s Degree preferred.
- At least three years coaching experience required; preferably at the college level
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Demonstrated ability to develop nationally competitive athletes.
- Demonstrated academic success of previously coached student-athletes.
- Exemplary ethical conduct and conformance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Commitment to the student-athlete and the ability to coach at motivate student-athletes.
- Strong organizational, creative writing, interpersonal, oral communication and computer skills needed.
- The successful candidate of this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-28-07:00
Job Posting Title:Head Coach, Men's & Women's Fencing
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:33
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.